Today Headlines, 21 June 2023: The whole world including India will celebrate International Yoga Day on 21st June. PM Modi will do yoga in America. Yoga Day will be celebrated at 26 places in Delhi. At present, the eyes of the country and the world will be on these news.
today’s big news
- PM Modi is on a tour of America. Will lead a yoga session at the United Nations Headquarters on Wednesday.
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh will perform yoga on the indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant on Wednesday.
- The petition of arrested Tamil Nadu minister Senthil Balaji may be heard in the Supreme Court on Wednesday. He was arrested by the ED on June 13.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath will be on a tour of Ballia on Wednesday.
- Bhagalpur bridge collapse case in Bihar will be heard in Patna High Court.
History of today
The first International Day of Yoga was celebrated in 2015. Since then, Yoga Day is celebrated every year on June 21. On the appeal of PM Modi, the United Nations had declared Yoga Day. The word ‘yoga’ is derived from Sanskrit and means to join or unite, symbolizing the union of body and consciousness.
The draft UNGA resolution establishing the International Day of Yoga was proposed by India and endorsed by a record 175 member states.
read this alsoIn Chhattisgarh, NIA caught two naxalites including woman, they were absconding for 4 years