Turmeric Milk Benefits: Do you drink turmeric milk every night? Well, there is not one but many reasons why you should be drinking the age-old time-tested turmeric milk every night. From inducing better sleep to boosting immunity and helping in better recovery, a cup of turmeric milk can take you a long way in achieving good health.
Nutritionists say that you must drink a cup of turmeric milk every night. It is important to make it potent by using the right amount of turmeric. It is said, ‘The magic of turmeric milk is in its use and not in its misuse.’
It is important to mix the right amount of turmeric
Turmeric is known to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and rejuvenating properties. For these properties to work, say nutritionists, it is very important to use the right proportion of turmeric and the time you consume it. It was told that if you put in too much or put in too little, it will be of no use. In fact too much can cause serious damage.
Turmeric is a part of life, don’t be greedy
Also, to reap the benefits of turmeric, it is important to consume it in its natural form. Taking curcumin tablet on an empty stomach with water or adding indiscriminate amounts of it to your food is not going to do any good.
Health benefits of drinking turmeric milk every night
- Turmeric milk can help speed up recovery. This makes room for the body’s repair work to function optimally.
- A cup of turmeric milk at night can be especially beneficial for people who get restless during sleep. This can help you get restful sleep. People whose sleep breaks many times due to going to the bathroom, they can also benefit from drinking a cup of turmeric milk while sleeping at night.
- As we all know that turmeric can boost immunity. To protect yourself from cough, cold and flu, you must drink turmeric milk in every season.
- Turmeric milk at night can improve hormonal balance. It can be helpful as a remedy for acne and unpredictable menstruation.
Some interesting tips to prepare turmeric milk
- Just take a cup of milk and bring it to a boil. Add a pinch of turmeric and some sugar/jaggery to taste. Drink it hot or lukewarm just before sleeping.
- If you have diabetes, heart disease or joint pain, add a pinch of nutmeg to it for added benefits.
- If you have thyroid problems, weak joints and experience leg cramps at night, add some cashews.
- If you feel low on energy and have acne, add some aliv (garden cress) seeds.