New Delhi: Railway Board made a big announcement on Saturday. The board announced a reduction of up to 25% in AC chair car and executive class fares for all trains in the country. The concessional rates will be applicable only on those trains in which only 50% seats were filled during the last 30 days. These include trains with Vande Bharat, Anubhuti and Vistadome bogies. Anubhuti coaches are said to be comfortable and equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. While Vistadome is a modern coach made by the Integral Coach Factory of Indian Railways. These compartments include large glass windows, terraces, revolving seats and an observation lounge. So that the passengers can see the glimpse of mountains, valleys, greenery etc. They are also equipped with the latest technology, but for some time they were not able to fill seats. So the board had to take a decision.
Power given to Chief Commercial Managers of Railway Zones
The fare of trains will also depend on the competitive mode of transport. Railway Ministry has empowered Chief Commercial Managers of all Railway Zones to introduce concessional fare schemes in trains with AC seats. They will be able to fix the fare in their respective zones. However, along with the 25% fare reduction, other charges like reservation charge, super fast surcharge, GST etc. will be levied separately. The ministry said in a statement that the relaxation will be applicable with immediate effect on such trains, but passengers who have already booked tickets will not get a refund.
understand math like this
For example, the Gandhinagar-Mumbai Vande Bharat train ticket costs Rs 1,420 for AC chair car and Rs 2,630 for executive chair car. Now the AC chair car fare will be around Rs.1050 and the executive chair car fare will be around Rs.1950. According to information, seats in trains like Bhopal-Jabalpur Vande Bharat Express, Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat were not being filled. 25 Vande Bharat trains are being run across the country. Most of these passengers are traveling in Kasaragod-Trivandrum. Top Vande Bharat trains with occupancy include Kasaragod to Trivandrum (183%), Trivandrum to Kasaragod (176%), Gandhinagar – Mumbai Central (134%).
Know how to get benefit in these points
- This scheme will be applicable only in AC chair car and executive class of all trains. This includes trains with AC seating facility including Anubhuti and Vistadome coaches.
- A maximum discount of 25 percent will be applicable on the base fare of the ticket. Other charges like reservation fee, super fast surcharge and GST will be levied separately.
- Vande Bharat trains which saw less than 50% occupancy in 30 days can get a discount of up to 25% on the base fare.
- This exemption scheme will be implemented for a maximum period of six months. Concessional fare can be given depending on the demand pattern between that period.
- The plan will be reviewed regularly and may be revised depending on the occupancy, the ministry said. Can be carried forward or can also be withdrawn.
- This scheme will not be applicable to special trains started as holiday or festival specials.