Congress Satyagraha: After losing the membership of the Lok Sabha, there will be hue and cry of the Congress across the country today in support of Rahul Gandhi. Congress leaders and workers will protest in front of the Gandhi statue in every state. Party President Mallikarjun Kharge and General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi have reached Rajghat in Delhi to join the Satyagraha. At the same time, Delhi Police has implemented section 144 here.
Rahul Gandhi was disqualified as a Lok Sabha MP after he was convicted in a 2019 defamation case. He has been sentenced to two years in prison for his remark “Why all thieves have the surname Modi” while addressing a rally in Kolar, Karnataka ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
My brother hugged PM in Parliament: Priyanka
Attacking the BJP, Priyanka said that your ministers insult my mother in the Parliament. An AAP minister says Rahul Gandhi doesn’t know who his father is. A son wears the family turban when his father dies and carries on the tradition. You insult him, but you don’t get sued, do you? There is some punishment.
No one gets you out of Parliament. No one tells you that you cannot contest elections for years. You kept insulting our family. In Parliament my brother hugged Modi ji and said I don’t hate you. Our ideology is different but our ideology of hatred is not. Is this the tradition of this country?
LIVE: Sankalp Satyagraha, Raj Ghat, New Delhi. https://t.co/ElTyxe5nC3
— Congress (@INCIndia) March 26, 2023
Defamation case should be filed against Modiji: Kharge
Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge addressed the crowd gathered during the Satyagraha at Raj Ghat. He said that Rahul Gandhi gave a speech, due to which he was punished. But don’t know how many speeches Modi ji gave against Gandhi family and Congress. He should have been taught a lesson by filing a defamation case against him. He asked, “Are Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi, Lalit Modi OBC? They ran away after looting the country’s money. If they are fugitives and Rahul Gandhi spoke about fugitives, then why did you feel pain?”
Rahul Gandhi gave a speech, due to which he was punished, but Modi ji did not know how many speeches he gave against Gandhi family and Congress, he should have been punished long ago by filing a defamation case: Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge, Delhi pic.twitter.com/0xOsm8mpx1
— ANI_HindiNews (@AHindinews) March 26, 2023
- Rahul Gandhi has changed his bio on Twitter. He has written Dis’Qualified MP in his bio.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi updates his Twitter account bio to Dis’Qualified MP.
Congress party’s Rahul Gandhi was disqualified as a Member of Parliament after he was convicted in a criminal defamation case over his ‘Modi surname’ remark. pic.twitter.com/EdDEC0WaQv
— ANI (@ANI) March 26, 2023
- Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge said- When Rahul Gandhi raised this issue, they (BJP) are making a spectacle of the defamation case to suppress him. This is a conspiracy against which Rahul Gandhi is fighting. The entire Congress party stands with him. He said that BJP is not allowing Rahul Gandhi to speak. Rahul Gandhi is fighting for the rights of the country and the people and we will not stop. Today we are going to Gandhi Memorial and will do Satyagraha there.
- Salman Khurshid said – Rahul Gandhi has been held responsible under a law. We believe an appeal is the only way to reverse this. As a lawyer, I can clearly show that there are many flaws in the judgment.
- The Delhi Police has denied permission to the Congress party to protest at Rajghat. The police have told the traffic management the reason for not giving permission and have imposed section 144 of CrPC in the area.
Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge and General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will sit in Satyagraha at Rajghat in New Delhi. All State Congress Committees have been asked to organize a day’s Satyagraha in front of Gandhi statues.
#WATCH , Delhi: Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra arrives at Rajghat to attend the party’s Sankalp Satyagraha. pic.twitter.com/vkqtb19E6g
— ANI (@ANI) March 26, 2023
- Delhi Pradesh Congress President Anil Chaudhary said- We had sought permission, followed all the rules of Satyagraha at Rajghat, we are asking questions of 20 thousand crores of Modani, that’s why the government is scared, we will keep asking questions to the government.
Congress satyagraha at Rajghat in the capital
Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge and party general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will hold a satyagraha at Raj Ghat in the national capital. Congress general secretary KC Venugopal said on Saturday that party workers would hold Sankalp Satyagraha at all state headquarters and Gandhi statues.
Meanwhile, Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said he will continue to defend democracy in the country even if he is disqualified from Parliament for life.
Rahul Gandhi held a press conference on Saturday
Rahul’s parliament membership was terminated on Friday. The Lok Sabha Secretariat had informed about this by issuing a letter, along with which Rahul’s name was also removed from the website of the Lok Sabha. Rahul was an MP from Wayanad in Kerala. Where Rahul Gandhi targeted the central government fiercely by holding a press conference on Saturday.
Started with the democracy of India is in danger. Rahul said that I was disqualified because the Prime Minister was scared of my next speech which was going to be on Adani. I have seen this fear in their eyes. He said whether I get membership or not. Disqualify me permanently, I don’t care whether I am in Parliament or not.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scared
Rahul said – I see the truth, I speak the truth. This thing is in my blood… This is my penance, I will keep doing it. Whether they disqualify me, thrash me, put me in jail, it doesn’t matter to me, I have to do my penance. I was about to deliver my next speech on the Adani case.