New Delhi: A fire broke out at a coaching center in Delhi’s Mukherjee Nagar. After this, the children present there saved their lives by jumping from the windows and balcony of the third floor. There are reports of injuries to some students. The incident took place at Gyana Building near Batra Cinema. Some students have received injuries due to jumping from the third floor.
#WATCH | People escape using wires as fire breaks out in a building located in Delhi’s Mukherjee Nagar; 11 fire tenders rushed to the site, rescue operation underway
(Source: Delhi Fire Department) pic.twitter.com/1AYVRojvxI
— ANI (@ANI) June 15, 2023– Advertisement –
The video of the fire is going viral on social media. In the video, students are seen getting down from the window with the help of a wire. According to the police, the fire broke out in an electric meter on the third floor. Although the fire was not big, but after the smoke rose, the children panicked and started coming down from the building through the back passage. 11 fire tenders are present on the spot. The fire could not be controlled.
It is being told that some students were trapped in the building. He has been rescued. Fire director Atul Garg said, “We had received information about a fire in a building in Mukherjee Nagar. We had sent 11 vehicles to douse the fire. Everyone has been evacuated safely.