Atiq-Ashraf Murder: Atiq Ahmed and his brother Ashraf, who had traveled from mafia to politician, were shot dead in Prayagraj on late Saturday evening. The incident took place when Atiq and Ashraf were being taken to the medical college for medical checkup.
The killers did the whole incident on camera. The whole country saw the video of Atiq and Ashraf’s murder. The killers did not dare to run away after the incident, they surrendered. The age of the killers could be between 20 and 25 years. So far no criminal record of his has been revealed.
Till a day ago, the UP police was being patted for the encounter of Atiq’s son Asad and shooter Ghulam, now questions will also arise after this double murder. It has also started. The entire opposition has besieged the Yogi government and the law and order situation in UP.
These are important questions
- How did the three shooters enter the police cordon?
- Atiq and Ashraf were high profile prisoners, then how was there a security lapse?
- There was very little security during the medical checkup.
- Why was the security of Atiq and Ashraf taken lightly?
- Who provided the weapons to the attackers?
- Who ordered the murder of Atiq and Ashraf?
Remand was approved till April 17
The Chief Judicial Magistrate’s court had granted five-day police remand of Atiq Ahmed and his brother Ashraf, accused in the Umesh Pal murder case, from April 13 to April 17. The matter has been fixed for hearing on April 26.
Read also: Atiq-Ashraf Murder: Atiq-Ashraf shot dead in front of camera, Section 144 implemented, CM orders inquiry